472 N. McLean Blvd., 2nd Floor Elgin, IL 60123-3274
Maintenance Electrical Supervisor Overview
Under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) is responsible for leadership of the Process Control/Instrumentation and Electrical systems for the refinery. The Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining the technical expertise of assigned employees, monitoring their skill sets and development of training plans. The Supervisor oversees the daily work of assigned employees. Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
· Provide day-to-day direction, supervision and coaching to the electrical and instrumentation team (5-6 employees) to meet site objectives and goals. Monitor progress and direct activities.
· Responsible for the productivity of personnel in regards to timeliness in diagnosing and completing necessary maintenance and repairs.
· Ensure a well-functioning Preventative Maintenance program of the electrical and control systems that drives improving reliability based on the criticality of the equipment.
· Ensure control of spending against approved budgets.
· Review site performance measures and key results and take appropriate actions.
· Maintain good labor relations, morale and discipline of team and to initiate corrective actions when required. Work with the storeroom personnel to ensure maintenance materials inventory is accurate and available. Ensure personnel follow all GMP and safety policies.
· Work with accountability group(s) to accomplish Key Results.
· Proficient in reading and working from electrical blueprints, schematics and manuals.
· Interpret electrical specifications.
· Activities include walking to and amidst work and/or construction sites, climbing ladders, working around heavy equipment and confined spaces, 8+ hours per day.
· Ability to work weekends and holidays, when required.
· Thorough knowledge of the electrical safety hazard of the work and of the necessary safety precautions.
· Ability to identify the root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
Essential Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Personal Attributes)
· Must have working knowledge of PLCs/SCADA operation and troubleshooting; power distribution systems (4160v and 480v); industrial electrical control systems; motors, instrumentation; electrical documentation to include single line and ladder logic.
· Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance programs and standards.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to coach and train employees in a team based environment.
· Must be current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to electrical systems design and operation; and Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP).
· Experience with SAP a plus.
· Demonstrated strategic thinking skill; able to develop and execute long term plans required
· Must establish relationships and address conflict through appropriate resolution skills and techniques.
· Must have full complement of supervisory skills, including project scoping and estimating utilizing work breakdown structures, cost and schedule control, design and construction management, team building, resource planning, procurement, and permitting.
· Must consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, and employees.
· Individual must be willing and able to support 24-7 plant operations when required.
Work Experiences/Education Requirements
· 4 year degree in electrical engineering or similar degree with 1+ year supervisory experience of a maintenance team in similar refinery/manufacturing operation…
· or 5 years electrical and instrumentation supervisory experience in an industrial setting required.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Scott was very great to work with. I always knew where I stood in the process, had great response time with him and was a great person just to talk to and bounce ideas off of. I highly recommend him and feel as if I made a great friend in the process.