The Corporate Controller position is a hands-on role that is responsible for the accounting affairs of the overall organization and its affiliates. The Corporate Controller is a key member of the Company’s financial team and the process owner for all transactional and general ledger accounting and prepares interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Corporate Controller is responsible for the Company’s financial policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position is the function leader of the accounting function and involves supervision over general accounting, internal auditing, and budgetary controls.
- Process owner for all financial accounting activities of the Company and its affiliates.
- Act as the Company’s subject matter expert for Accounting, GAAP, and other standards as are required. Develop, document, maintain, and support Company accounting policies in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts with entity consolidation and intercompany accounting methodology where necessary.
- Directs the accounting organization and the activities within General ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure working capital is optimized.
- Keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Ability to close the books independently and defend GAAP applications to the Company’s independent audit firm.
- Supports tax preparation for both state and federal taxes. Maintains legal entity books of all legal entities of the Company.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient and furnishes external reports, as necessary. Responsibility for developing and maintaining reporting processes for third parties such as banks, insurance companies, and others.
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- The Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Support preparation of annual budget and monthly reforecast of the business.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department. This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department.
- Leadership in acquisition integration as it relates to the accounting function. Support due diligence in acquisition activities.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of budgets, institutes, and maintains other planning and control procedures, and analyzes and reports variances.
- Work with outside auditors and tax specialists to ensure the Company receives a ‘clean’ opinion, within the defined timeframe and budget, and that all related tax matters are properly dealt with, including, but not limited to, payroll tax and sales & use tax. Support tax strategic planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate and other applicable taxes.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Accountability and performance measures
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the Company’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility for finance.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major
- Experience in M&A due diligence and integration helpful.
- Experience with a Private Equity owned enterprise will be considered a plus.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have highly proficient skills in Excel, and various Accounting software packages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board, or other outside partners.
- Able to manage virtual employees, and various locations through use of communications technology.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
Other Open Positions
Vice President of Corporate Development
$200,000 - $250,000
Vice President, Corporate Development This position is with an extremely fast growing and acquisitive, private equity backed, transportation and logistics services group located all over the eastern half of the country. The Vice President, Corporate Development will be resp ....
$85,000 - $125,000
Senior AccountantWe are partnering with a PE backed multi-site healthcare organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. The ideal candidate has a CPA and public accounting experience.The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and inte ....
$180,000 - $215,000
Corporate Controller The Corporate Controller position is a hands-on role that is responsible for the accounting affairs of the overall organization and its affiliates. The Corporate Controller is a key member of the Company’s financial team and the process owner for ....
$75,000 - $95,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Senior AccountantWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for areas relating to financial reporting and general accounting activities for over 30 regional facilities. Thi ....
$110,000 - $120,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Assistant ControllerWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed organization looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team. The position is newly created to support growth.Position Summary: Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will help d ....
$150,000 - $180,000
Controller We are partnering with a newly purchased PE backed financial service organization in Boston looking to add a Controller to their team. This is the newest portfolio company for the PE firm and they are prepping for exponential growth. The Controller reports direct ....
Accounts Payable Lead
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable LeadOur Client, a national consulting firm, is currently experiencing explosive growth and looking to add an Accounts Payable Lead to their team. In this role, along with the Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable ....
Accounts Payable Associate
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable AssociateOur client is presently in search of an Accounts Payable Associate to join the firm!As an AP Associate, you will work with the accounting team and be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, a ....
Vice President, Contracting and Payor Relations
$170,000 - $210,000
Vice President, Contracting and Payor Relations, 100% RemoteWe are currently working with a PE backed healthcare organization looking to add a Vice President, Contracting and Payor Relations to their team. This individual oversees a team of credentialing and payor contractin ....
$90,000 - $110,000
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Senior Accountant, RemoteWe are partnering with a Private Equity backed distribution organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their newly purchased entity. The Senior Accountant will be responsible but not limited to all aspects of accounting duties within our orga ....