Director of Finance
The Director of Finance maximizes the return on financial assets by ensuring financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems are in place. Ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. Oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and risk management. Informs, advises, and updates Finance Committee and/or Board of Directors on all financial matters.
Geography: Ability to work hybrid 2-3 days per week if they prefer. Ideally candidates will be located in the Phoenix/Tempe, AZ area
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Reviews financial statements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting.
- Analyzes financial statements and other internal reports for significant trends and other information to report to Finance Committee and/or Board of Directors
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Responsible for all treasury functions including cash management and control systems, investments, loan negotiations, borrowing and loan administration. Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments
- Manages tax strategy and planning for maximizing corporate and stockholder tax objectives. Ensures accuracy of tax returns and works to minimize tax obligations. Responsible for managing tax reporting, tax planning and tax compliance
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data to the Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and others as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises Finance Committee and Board of Directors of actions and potential risks
- Works with Finance Committee and Board of Directors on financial strategy and manages the implementation and enforcement of strategic initiatives
- Oversees financial aspects of vendor relationships, including contract negotiations and company benefit plans
- Manages company real estate portfolio
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
- Performs competitive financial analysis and statistical studies
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate
- Assists the Finance Committee with a variety of partner and company activities
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate
- Keeps up to date on information and technology to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Manages relationship with outside accounting firm.
- Works with Finance Committee and Board of Directors in evaluating potential acquisitions. Assists with merging acquired practices/companies
- Develop and deliver Board of Directors & Senior Management presentations. Attends board, committee and other company or external meetings as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
Functional and Technical Competencies
- Ability to report to and respond to the ideas and priorities of multiple owners.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up.
- Solutions-minded, compliance-minded, and results-oriented.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to define, analyze and resolve issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully.
- Extremely strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to build and lead a productive and efficient team.
- High-energy, hands-on manager who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Intelligent, self-confident, practical thinker with sound judgment.
- Strong mentoring skills with the ability to guide and teach direct reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels of organization.
- Flexible, adaptable and can adjust to a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- Ability to develop both tactical and strategic solutions to business challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field or CPA highly preferred.
- Senior financial management experience, preferably within the healthcare field.
- Broad accounting and finance leadership experience in both turnaround and growth environments is required.
Other Open Positions
Vice President of Corporate Development
$200,000 - $250,000
Vice President, Corporate Development This position is with an extremely fast growing and acquisitive, private equity backed, transportation and logistics services group located all over the eastern half of the country. The Vice President, Corporate Development will be resp ....
$85,000 - $125,000
Senior AccountantWe are partnering with a PE backed multi-site healthcare organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. The ideal candidate has a CPA and public accounting experience.The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and inte ....
$180,000 - $215,000
Corporate Controller The Corporate Controller position is a hands-on role that is responsible for the accounting affairs of the overall organization and its affiliates. The Corporate Controller is a key member of the Company’s financial team and the process owner for ....
$75,000 - $95,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Senior AccountantWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for areas relating to financial reporting and general accounting activities for over 30 regional facilities. Thi ....
$110,000 - $120,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Assistant ControllerWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed organization looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team. The position is newly created to support growth.Position Summary: Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will help d ....
$150,000 - $180,000
Controller We are partnering with a newly purchased PE backed financial service organization in Boston looking to add a Controller to their team. This is the newest portfolio company for the PE firm and they are prepping for exponential growth. The Controller reports direct ....
Accounts Payable Lead
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable LeadOur Client, a national consulting firm, is currently experiencing explosive growth and looking to add an Accounts Payable Lead to their team. In this role, along with the Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable ....
Accounts Payable Associate
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable AssociateOur client is presently in search of an Accounts Payable Associate to join the firm!As an AP Associate, you will work with the accounting team and be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, a ....
Vice President, Contracting and Payor Relations
$170,000 - $210,000
Vice President, Contracting and Payor Relations, 100% RemoteWe are currently working with a PE backed healthcare organization looking to add a Vice President, Contracting and Payor Relations to their team. This individual oversees a team of credentialing and payor contractin ....
$90,000 - $110,000
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Senior Accountant, RemoteWe are partnering with a Private Equity backed distribution organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their newly purchased entity. The Senior Accountant will be responsible but not limited to all aspects of accounting duties within our orga ....