Director of HR Compensation & Benefits
Director of Human Resources Compensation & Benefits
The Director of Compensation & Benefits manages enterprise compensation and benefits policies, objectives, initiatives, and ensures they align to the relative market and clinical practice overall talent strategy. The ideal candidate is a results-driven leader with strong influencing skills and a proven ability to adapt to satisfy the changing needs of the business of healthcare.
The Director of Compensation & Benefits will work closely with the CHRO to develop, implement, and administer national rewards policies in alignment with the needs of our provider practices to attract and retain talent. The ideal candidate should have an excellent collaborative skill set with high degree of communication skills and the ability to adapt, collaborate, and work thru complex problems. This group looks for people who are enthusiastic to grow their skills and take on new responsibilities with the ability to lead through influence and adapt to a constantly changing health care environment.
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
Key Relationships: HR Compliance Manager, HR Payroll Manager
Key Partnerships: Chief Legal Officer, Senior Leadership team, Regional Presidents, Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting team members
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and refine innovative compensation, benefits, and equity programs that align with organizational business plans and strategies.
- Partner to ensure correlation between compensation and performance management to ensure talent is competitively compensated in line with compensation strategy and philosophy.
- Research, evaluate, and identify opportunities to improve or change current benefit offerings.
- Advises leadership on applicable federal, state, and local employment regulations that impact benefits, leave, compensation policies, and ensures all plans remain compliant.
- Consult with key stakeholders to facilitate comprehension of compensation, benefits offerings, and philosophies.
- Works directly with the Benefits Broker to ensure alignment with objectives of company and structure with involvement of plan development,
- Leads Open Enrollment for the company and facilitates ease of benefits selection for employees.
- Manages relationships between consultants, administrative vendors, and insurance carriers.
- Knowledgeable of health and welfare plans, especially self-insured health plans, Safe Harbor 401K plan administration.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify and assess challenges related to compensation, benefits, and other reward programs, as well as key issues in attracting, motivating, and retaining diverse, high-performance talent.
- Provide thought leadership on compensation issues, including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements, and overall compensation structure.
- Collaborate in ongoing benchmarking analysis; monitor internal data, external practices, and industry trends to evolve and improve continuously.
- Work closely with stakeholders to support compensation program execution, understand the impact of compensation and benefits philosophies, and support Team leaders through ongoing training and enablement.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Essential Skills and Functions
- Ability to build relationships across the organization, working collaboratively to build trust and solicit feedback to build dynamic philosophies that retain talent.
- Experience collaborating with legal counsel about legislation surrounding benefit plans (ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPPA, PPACA).
- Knowledge of State and Federal wage and hour laws including FLSA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, Medicare, HIPAA, and social security and DOL requirements.
- Experience working with ERP/HRIS systems and developing and maintaining C&B configuration.
- Proficient user of Microsoft products, e.g., Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word
- Proficient in ADP.
- Confident approach to customer orientation with emphasis on transparency, effective communication, employee support, and service across all dimensions of compensation and benefits
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess strong critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving capability
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field required
Certification: CBP, CCP, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP recommended
- 5 + years of total rewards experience with proven ability to build out benefit and compensation programs from the ground up.
- Leadership experience would be advantageous.
- Progressively responsible human resources management experience in a healthcare matrix organization, medium to large physician practice a strong plus.
Other Open Positions
Director of HR Compensation & Benefits
$130,000 - $170,000
Director of Human Resources Compensation & BenefitsThe Director of Compensation & Benefits manages enterprise compensation and benefits policies, objectives, initiatives, and ensures they align to the relative market and clinical practice overall talent strategy. The ....
Director of Human Resources
$150,000 - $175,000
Costa Mesa, California
Director of Human Resources Industry: Manufacturing Medical Device Summary: Responsible for providing professional-level human resource support to the business groups, in the areas of staffing and recruiting; talent development; performance management; succession planning; ....