Director of Risk & Insurance
CORPORATE RISK & INSURANCE MANAGER
The executive team of a well renowned, global systems integrator, which is growing rapidly through acquisitions, asked HireneXus to help them find a leader to build their corporate risk department from the ground up. This person will be responsible for the identification, measurement, communication, and management of existing and emerging company-wide risks of fortuitous loss.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement risk awareness standards, processes, and programs.
- Provide risk awareness support and training to all staff.
- Develop and manage total cost of risk (TCOR) budget in collaboration with the office of the CFO, including insurance premiums and estimated annual payouts for retained losses.
- Manage litigation and all insurance claims; ensure appropriate notice to/involvement of insurers concerning potential claims; communicates with insurance brokers on questions regarding coverage.
- Partner with all departments regarding “near misses”, incident reports, claims, or losses.
- Initiate, evaluate, and manage relationships with third-party service providers, including brokers, underwriters, actuaries, consultants, and third-party claims administrators.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations regarding utility of various insurance policies, including but not limited too Property, General Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Professional Liability, Directors and Officers, Crime, Network Security, and Data Privacy.
- Advise management on risk and insurance issues with contracts, leases, vendor agreements, and other similar documents.
- Develop and manage Certificate of Insurance (COI) requirements, collection, validation, storage, and retrieval.
- Manage the insurance renewal process, including the collection of underwriting data, timely submission to insurance brokers, review of insurance proposals, evaluation of risk financing alternatives, preparation of recommendations to senior management, and the timely binding of agreed-upon insurance policies.
- Manage support staff as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Strong organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and diverse team environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and the proven ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills; ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Office 365 applications, including SharePoint and OneDrive
- Undergraduate degree required
- JD or MBA preferred
- Risk Management and Insurance designations highly desirable (e.g. – CPCU, ARM, CRM)
- 10+ years experience in insurance and risk management with increasing responsibilities
Strong working knowledge of risk management and insurance, including insurance rating plans, policy language, interpretation, and policy construction.
Familiarity with and working knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Alternative Risk Financing (ART)
Other Open Positions
Director of Risk & Insurance
Admin / Clerical
$160,000 - $200,000
CORPORATE RISK & INSURANCE MANAGER The executive team of a well renowned, global systems integrator, which is growing rapidly through acquisitions, asked HireneXus to help them find a leader to build their corporate risk department from the ground up. This person will b ....