Electrical Controls Engineer
Electrical Controls Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing:
Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering designs within areas of assigned responsibility with general supervision. Plan and formulate technical programs and organize those involved in specific phases of aspects of projects such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications, and technical information. Develop controls solutions in compliance with good engineering principles, company standards, and related customer specifications. Coordinate activities connected with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving design and test problems. Control expenditures within the limitations of the project budget. Prepare interim and complete reports in a timely manner. Work with personnel inside and outside RFC on a regular basis to develop technical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others as assigned.
- Provide overview design concepts for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follow standards for company technology and applications in the area of responsibility and makes suggestions for improvements to standards where appropriate.
- Identify new technologies required to advance the company and support customer needs in areas of responsibility.
- Plan and implement designs from start to completion.
- Develop electrical budget for new equipment designs or upgrades.
- Work with supporting groups to complete assigned projects.
- Interact with vendors as required and appropriate both to keep abreast of available product and technology and to work with specifics related to projects assigned.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and coordinate all aspects of electrical controls systems relative to equipment, machinery, and special application tools and fixtures.
- Oversee startup of equipment and special tools, fixtures requiring motion, sensors and PC/PLC based HMI.
- Support maintenance and production teams to improve processes and reduce downtime.
Schedule: This position is overtime-exempt and will primarily work eight or more hours per day, five days per week based on business needs. May occasionally support operations as needed on weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with related electrical controls experience.
- Minimum of one year experience with controls or automation applications such as Allen Bradley Control Logix or Compact Logix, Motion Controls, FactoryTalk ME, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Strong computer skills with ability to learn new programs: Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft Project, Engineering development software.
- Willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, which is fast-paced with occasional shifting priorities.
- Able to drive to/travel to other plant locations up to 10% of the time.
- US Person as defined by ITAR / EAR
- 2-5 years experience with controls engineering including
- AutoCAD Electrical
- Basic networking: End user/operator interface and support
- Control or Automation Application experience with the following; Allen Bradley PLCs (Control Logix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix), Panelview Plus HMI, AB Servo System(s), VF drives
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Controls
- Siemens and Beckhoff
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Controls design and Machine startup experience
- Experience with metal forming or roll forming equipment
- Experience with the following: programming languages and SQL databases; end user/operator interface and support (basic networking); Siemens and Beckhoff; Controls design and Machine start-up
Other Open Positions
Chief Operating Officer
$180,000 - $225,000
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Chief Operating Officer – COO SUMMARYWorking with the executive team, develop and execute operations strategies to support the short and long-term growth of the Company. Evaluate and implement business systems, processes, machines, schedules, and talent to ensure prof ....
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
$90,000 - $110,000
What the position entails: Daily Manufacturing Interaction: Applies basic engineering principles and analyses to improve processes or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost and improving quality, safety, and/or capability. Works to improve the hydraulic, mechanica ....
$80,000 - $100,000
Manufacturing EngineerWhat the position entails: Daily Manufacturing Interaction: Applies basic engineering principles and analyses to improve processes or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost and improving quality, safety, and/or capability. Works to improve th ....
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
$90,000 - $120,000
Manufacturing Engineering ManagerMAIN FUNCTION: The Manufacturing Engineer Manager is responsible for process improvement and equipment selection/implementation. This position will have responsibility to lead implementation of new products and processes, lead cost reduction ....
$130,000 - $160,000
Plant Manager Seeking an experienced Plant/Operation Manager for our new manufacturing facility located in Lawrenceville, GA. This position will report to the Senior VP/GM, and be a model of leadership, demonstrate managerial brilliance, and represent strong integrity. ....
Industrial Service Technician
$65,000 - $80,000
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Industrial Service Technician We are in search of an Industrial Service technician with a strong mechanical and electrical background. Up to date knowledge of electrical/mechanical components a must. Experience with industrial fans/blowers, burners (gas related equipment), ....
$65,000 - $85,000
Job DetailsIndustrial Electrician Position Summary The ideal candidate will be adept at installing, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining PLC and/or computer controlled production equipment and controls to include Modicon and Allen Bradley equipment. This is a ....
$65,000 - $85,000
Job Details Position Summary The ideal candidate will be adept at installing, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining PLC and/or computer controlled production equipment and controls to include Modicon and Allen Bradley equipment. This is a hand’s on job, ....
$75,000 - $85,000
Maintenance ManagerPosition Summary The Maintenance Manager provides leadership and direct supervision over maintenance personnel involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of machine tools and equipment, electrical systems, mechanical systems, heating/cooling sys ....
Vice President of IT
$220,000 - $250,000
Charlotte, North Carolina
Vice President of Information TechnologyI am working with a manufacturing organization that is seeking a Vice President of Information Technology. The VP of IT will be responsible for leading the strategic and tactical technological direction for the Company; ensuring the d ....