We are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed manufacturing and distribution organization looking to add a Plant Controller to their team. Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for establishing processes for their two divisions in Aurora.
The Plant Controller is the integral link between the Finance and Production functions and critical to the achievement of the production-related financial results of the business. This role is accountable for the completion of an accurate and timely month end close. The role advises and guides Production and Finance teams through understanding of the company’s production facilities and processes, identifying and trending key production performance indicators, building operations financial analysis, and providing visibility and leadership influence for the achievement of short and long-term Operations financial goals. The Plant Controller will be expected to not only maintain and improve existing processes but also report on results and effectively build new capabilities for the company.
The Plant Controller is responsible for establishing, controlling, and analyzing all production related costs, product standard costs and managing a cost control system. The incumbent will also review and analyze the of Bills Of Material (BOMs) for accuracy, manage the appropriate maintenance and updating of standard costs and analyze and determine the root cause for and suggest process changes to minimize purchase price, labor, and overhead variances.
- Work closely with operations/production to establish and maintain standard costs for all relevant products, labor and material inputs, audit and review bills of material to ensure accuracy and all related cost inputs including labor rates and efficiency, overhead cost inputs, scrap costs, etc.
- In coordination with the Purchasing team analyze, review and support material purchase plans and supply agreements to drive improved levels of service, quality and costs for the company.
- Analyze actual trends, variances to budget and history, actual spending and costs.
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Work with Finance and Production peers to drive continuous improvement of policies, procedures and processes.
- Lead month-end close of the general ledger, including preparing and posting journal entries.
- Responsible for completion of monthly account reconciliations.
- Coordinate monthly inventory cycle counts and complete reconciliations.
- Monthly reporting of overall and site performance versus budget and prior year.
- Assist Corporate Controller with annual audit and other tasks as assigned.
- Oversee Billing, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Evaluate and right size accounting team as company continues to grow.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel including, but not limited to V look up, pivot tables, charts, graphs and tables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong teamwork and project management skills combined with the ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in a timely manner.
- Intellectually Curious in and always seeking to understand, learn and find improvement opportunities.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) Finance/Accounting or Business; CPA, CMA, or MBA
- Public accounting experience desired.
- 5-8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and foster relationships with financial and operations personnel.
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a high growth environment.
Other Open Positions
$115,000 - $150,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Treasury ManagerWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed distribution organization adding a Treasury Manager to their team in the DFW area. Candidates will have the opportunity to work mainly remote going into the office 5-6 times a month.The Treasury Manager, will be r ....
$130,000 - $150,000
ControllerWe are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed organization looking to add a Controller to their team.The Controller is responsible for the oversight of the day‐to‐day accounting operations, the monthly close process, financial statement preparatio ....
Senior Cost Accountant
$80,000 - $100,000
Saint Charles, Illinois
Senior Cost Accountant Provide support to the business operations team on cost drivers of the business as well as be a vital team member of the cost accounting team. Responsibilities include: Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activit ....
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
$150,000 - $190,000
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, RemoteDirects the company’s overall creation and execution of functions relating to all aspects of financial planning and analysis. In concert with the CFO and finance team, leads the company’s financial planning functio ....
$70,000 - $85,000
Senior AccountantWe are working with a spirits company looking to add a Senior Accountant to their growing accounting and finance team. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment.We are seeking a Senior Accountant that is excited to assist all finan ....
Vice President, Revenue Growth and Optimization
$220,000 - $260,000
Vice President, Revenue Growth and OptimizationWe are working with a mid-market PE backed organization seeking a VP Revenue Growth and Optimization. Reporting directly to the CFO.Overall Description of Role: Seeking a seasoned and analytical business leader who can establish ....
$100,000 - $140,000
Plant ControllerWe are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed manufacturing and distribution organization looking to add a Plant Controller to their team. Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for establishing processes for their two divisio ....
$0 - $0
West Allis, Wisconsin
Senior AccountantOur Client is an industry leader in manufacturing heavy-duty, innovative, custom-designed equipment and industrial machinery, and they are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. *Potential to earn a ZERO DOLLAR MONTHLY PREMIUM Medical Insurance ....
Accounts Payable Associate
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable AssociateOur client is presently in search of an Accounts Payable Associate to join their firm!As an AP Associate, you will work with the accounting team and be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, ....
$150,000 - $180,000
Corporate Controller We are partnering with a mid market PE firm looking to add a Controller to their new portfolio company in the DFW area. The Corporate Controller position is a hands-on role that is responsible for the accounting affairs of the overall organization and ....