Our Client is an industry leader in manufacturing heavy-duty, innovative, custom-designed equipment and industrial machinery, and they are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team.
*Potential to earn a ZERO DOLLAR MONTHLY PREMIUM Medical Insurance (that’s no monthly medical insurance premiums out of your paycheck!)
*Companywide GAINSHARING with the potential of up to 10% bonus on annual pay!
*Opportunities for career growth
Under the direction of the Controller, the Senior Accountant will assist in managing general accounting, month-end/year-end closing processes, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other functions to achieve operational excellence by optimizing financial reporting and its alignment to the production processes, financial statements, budgets by working with other department staff and various levels of plant management and operational staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Accountable for compliance to accounting standards, assists in the communication and training of plant personnel.
2. Partners with Controller in the close cycle (monthly, quarterly, yearly) and reporting processes, responsible for general ledger balance sheet account reconciliation and reporting, preparation of accrual, standard and adjustment journal entries as necessary.
3. Analyze actual operating results for variances to budget and work with plant personnel in identifying opportunities for improvement and variance explanation. Provide detailed insights on cost drivers and production impacts of various initiatives both proposed and implemented when necessary.
4. Coordinate the capital expenditure planning and implementation; track the individual project status until completion and capitalization.
5. Maintaining and compiling the fixed asset reporting system from procurement of asset addition including depreciation, amortization, adjustment to sale and/or disposition.
6. Collaborate with team on system conversions and upgrades by providing guidance, instruction and support to team members.
7. Crosstrain and provide inter-departmental support on activities such as: payroll general ledger coding, loading of payroll to the general ledger, benefit invoice reconciliation coordination with Human Resources, Accounts Receivable sales order billing and shipment reconciliation, Accounts Payable invoice to product receipt matching entry reconciliation and coding, employee time utilization reporting review, sales reporting and commission calculations and bank and corporate credit card payments and reconciliations, sales and use tax calculation and reporting.
8. Participate in the preparation of the annual budget process and annual external audit review.
9. Actively participates in the continuous improvement process by identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve processes and/or overall operations including updating and creating standard operating procedures and other necessary documentation and training.
10. Helps drive and support BCT’s Culture, PACT and Core Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong analytical ability and thorough understanding of computer systems and accounting principles.
· Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast-pace and ever-changing work environment.
· Possesses strong math aptitude, work accurately with numbers, good organization skills and time / priority management skills.
· Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
· Proficiency using ERP software, Excel, and other Microsoft Office products.
· Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
Education and/or Experience
· Three or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment REQUIRED
· Two years of General Accounting experience REQUIRED
· Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data using tools such as Microsoft Excel REQUIRED
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move records, files, and reports weighing up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates primarily in an office environment, with work that will occasionally take them out to the shop floor. While performing the duties of this job out in the shop, the employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. When in the shop the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the shop is sometimes loud enough to require hearing protection.
Our Client is looking for enthusiastic people who share our passion for manufacturing top-quality, machinery equipment. Their employees are their most important resource, and they take great pride in creating a casual and enjoyable workplace. They also pride themselves on offering the following incentives:
– Employee gainsharing
– Company cookouts
– Over 2 million dollar investment in their historic location (upgrades and refurbishment)
– Comprehensive benefits and 401K offering
– Value a work-life balance, generous PTO plan and several paid U.S. holidays
Other Open Positions
$115,000 - $150,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Treasury ManagerWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed distribution organization adding a Treasury Manager to their team in the DFW area. Candidates will have the opportunity to work mainly remote going into the office 5-6 times a month.The Treasury Manager, will be r ....
$130,000 - $150,000
ControllerWe are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed organization looking to add a Controller to their team.The Controller is responsible for the oversight of the day‐to‐day accounting operations, the monthly close process, financial statement preparatio ....
Senior Cost Accountant
$80,000 - $100,000
Saint Charles, Illinois
Senior Cost Accountant Provide support to the business operations team on cost drivers of the business as well as be a vital team member of the cost accounting team. Responsibilities include: Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activit ....
Senior Financial Analyst
$95,000 - $110,000
Senior Financial Analyst, RemoteThis role focuses on strategic analysis, fact-based decision-making, forecasting, and budgeting. In this role you will influence the growth and profitability of the business. The ideal candidate is curious, collaborative, analytical, and detai ....
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
$150,000 - $190,000
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, RemoteDirects the company’s overall creation and execution of functions relating to all aspects of financial planning and analysis. In concert with the CFO and finance team, leads the company’s financial planning functio ....
$70,000 - $85,000
Senior AccountantWe are working with a spirits company looking to add a Senior Accountant to their growing accounting and finance team. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment.We are seeking a Senior Accountant that is excited to assist all finan ....
Vice President, Revenue Growth and Optimization
$220,000 - $260,000
Vice President, Revenue Growth and OptimizationWe are working with a mid-market PE backed organization seeking a VP Revenue Growth and Optimization. Reporting directly to the CFO.Overall Description of Role: Seeking a seasoned and analytical business leader who can establish ....
Sr. Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
$190,000 - $210,000
Senior Director, Financial Planning and AnalysisThis position is a key role in tracking performance across the business and ensuring the organization hits its long term and short- term Financial Targets. Role will support the Sr VP of FP&A and will support various analyt ....
$100,000 - $140,000
Plant ControllerWe are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed manufacturing and distribution organization looking to add a Plant Controller to their team. Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for establishing processes for their two divisio ....
$0 - $0
West Allis, Wisconsin
Senior AccountantOur Client is an industry leader in manufacturing heavy-duty, innovative, custom-designed equipment and industrial machinery, and they are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. *Potential to earn a ZERO DOLLAR MONTHLY PREMIUM Medical Insurance ....