Senior Manufacturing Engineer
What the position entails:
Daily Manufacturing Interaction: Applies basic engineering principles and analyses to improve processes or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost and improving quality, safety, and/or capability.
- Works to improve the hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems in the plant.
- Provides support to the plant maintenance team to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Designs or manages the design of new machines and tooling.
- Act as the subject matter expert for operational practices.
- Provides technical support to account managers and product development teams.
- Provides necessary support to plant management and plant teams to assure that proper tools and assistance is available to perform assigned task and maintain engineering files and documents.
Project Management: Effectively leads and engages cross-functional teams internally and externally.
- Designs manufacturing processes that meet customer product, delivery, and cost requirements.
- Manages or participates as a key APQP Team Member in the concept to delivery cycle — Design, analyze, budget, prototypes and samples, purchase and build equipment, machine acceptance, train, implement and improve.
- Identifies and established programs that bring new ideas and technologies to practical application in production. This will include working with members of our R & D team as well as with outside organizations.
Problem-Solving: Identifies and resolves mechanical issues using data from various sources (e.g. customer input, quality, testing, production) in a timely manner.
- Utilizes a strong set of problem-solving tools including the use of the methodologies of Six Sigma, Lean and/or Continuous Improvement.
- Prepares engineering and cost analyses for process improvements.
- May manage liaison activities with Company’s partners, customers and vendors.
Teamwork: Interacts with individuals with different backgrounds and cultures and is available on off-shifts as needs arise.
- Must be flexible as business opportunities develop and able to multi-task with other duties and projects when they become available.
- Actively follows and manages to our Process Based Leadership, Code of Conduct and our 5S+Safety Program.
- Is willing to travel to customers, suppliers and other Company locations as needed – estimated to be about 10% of the time and may include domestic and international travel.
What a candidate must have to be qualified for the role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with hydraulics and electrical equipment
- Experience in a 24/7 operation and extrusion experience preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean and Continuous Improvement problem solving tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to interface with all levels of the organization and externally with customers and suppliers
- A strong work ethic and a strong commitment to a team environment
- Experience working with APQP and Solid Works
Other Open Positions
Vice President of Engineering
$225,000 - $275,000
Vice President of EngineeringThe Vice President of Engineering is responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all engineering activities. Reporting directly to the COO, the VP of Engineering will provide strategic direction, technical leadership, and ....
Quality Control Specialist
$50,000 - $60,000
Job Summary This position is primarily responsible for performing inspections and validations of fabricated equipment and parts, reporting issues and coordinating with Projects and/or Engineering teams to resolve any noted non-conformances. Essential Job Functions Ins ....
Senior Advanced Process Development Engineer
$95,000 - $120,000
Senior Advanced Process Development EngineerThis position will be filled by someone who applies appropriate engineering and manufacturing technology to make innovative stepped process improvements or new processes in the areas of quality, productivity, and cost reduction acr ....
Senior Quality Engineer
$95,000 - $105,000
Senior Quality Engineer What the position entails: As a member of the Company Quality Team, the person in this role is responsible for applying appropriate engineering and manufacturing technology to improve existing processes in the areas of quality, productivity and cost ....
Field Service Engineer
$70,000 - $90,000
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Field Service Engineer We are seeking a highly motivated Field Support Engineer for the U.S. Southwest Territory who, with limited supervision, executes customer support activities involving the installation, modification and repair of complex nuclear measurement equipment ....
$75,000 - $85,000
Process Engineer Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and plastic injection molding machines. Performs maintenance and repair of plastic injection molding machinery, paying special attention to controls, hydraul ....
Vice President of Human Resources
$200,000 - $250,000
Costa Mesa, California
Vice President of Human Resources I am working with a growing global manufacturing organization that is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources in Southern California.(Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Irvine) This will report to the CEO and be a tactical and strategic lead ....
Production Engineer I
$70,000 - $90,000
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Production Engineer I JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for the review and conversion of engineering design drawings into detailed piece part drawings for manufacturability and bills of material. Additionally, this position requires working within a team environment ....
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer 1
$74,000 - $82,000
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer I Job Details Description The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer I develops regulatory compliance test programs on a variety of products accordin ....
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
$90,000 - $110,000
What the position entails: Daily Manufacturing Interaction: Applies basic engineering principles and analyses to improve processes or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost and improving quality, safety, and/or capability. Works to improve the hydraulic, mechanica ....