Vice President, Accounting and Finance
Vice President, Accounting and Finance
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF FUNCTION
This position is responsible for the accounting and finance affairs of the overall organization and its affiliates. The VP is a key member of the Company’s financial team and the process owner for all transactional and general ledger accounting and prepares interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The position is the function leader of the accounting function and involves supervision over general accounting, internal auditing, and budgetary controls.
Geography: Hybrid work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Process owner for all financial accounting activities of the Company and its affiliates.
- Oversee daily operations of all accounting operations and finance groups and within the organization. Responsibilities include on a consolidated basis all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Sales and Use Tax, Federal and State Tax Accounting and Reporting, General Ledger Accounting, Financial Reporting (Balance Sheet, P&L, Statement of Cash Flows, Forecast, Capital Expenditures, Sales and Margin Reporting), Full Cost Profitability Models, Benefits Accounting, Banking and Financial relationships, Supply Chain Financing Arrangements, Forecasting, Planning.
- Act as the Company’s subject matter expert for Accounting, GAAP, and other standards as are required.
- Develop, document, maintain, and support Company accounting policies in accordance with GAAP as appropriately applied.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and cost centers along with entity consolidation and intercompany accounting methodology.
- Directs the accounting organization and the activities within General ledger, Accounts Receivable, Credit Policies and Accounts Payable to ensure working capital is optimized through proper management of cash, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets. Consolidation of all Company entities and manage the elimination of inter-company transactions.
- Ability to close the books independently and defend GAAP applications to the Company’s SEC-level, independent audit firm
- Work closely with the business to revenue recognition is in compliance with GAAP
- Design and implement a full slate of financial and transactional controls that could quickly be elevated to a level that would pass Sarbanes Oxley level scrutiny and testing.
- Responsible with the CFO to develop inter-company transfer pricing and Tax methodologies.
- Supports tax preparation for both state and federal taxes. Maintains legal entity books of all legal entities of the Company.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary. Responsibility for developing and maintaining reporting processes for third parties such as banks, insurance companies, and other.
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- The Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department. This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department.
- Leadership in the area of acquisition integration as it relates to the accounting function. Support due diligence in acquisition activities.
- Work with outside auditors and tax specialists to ensure the Company receives a ‘clean’ opinion, within the defined timeframe and budget, and that all related tax matters are properly dealt with, including, but not limited to, sales and use tax, as well as property tax returns. Support tax strategic planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate and other applicable taxes.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the Company’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility for finance
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- CPA certification, and currently maintained preferred
- Multi-site business experience
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Experience in M&A due diligence and integration helpful.
- Experience with a Private Equity owned enterprise is a plus
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have highly proficient skills in Excel, and databases, experience with Accounting-type software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
Other Open Positions
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
$110,000 - $150,000
Downers Grove, Illinois
Manager, Financial Planning and AnalysisThis position is with one of the largest multi-specialty physician groups in the country. This is a newly created position who will partner with the Finance team and business leaders to develop insight into the performance of the busi ....
$100,000 - $130,000
Plant Controller We are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed manufacturing organization looking to add a Plant Controller to the team. The position will be tactical, yet strategic.Job Description The Plant Controller is the integral link between the Finance and Pro ....
$130,000 - $160,000
ControllerThe Controller will focus on building a world-class and scalable accounting function. They will also support and help implement accounting and finance best practices at the portfolio level to help them scale and provide us with more visibility. This person report t ....
$140,000 - $180,000
Los Angeles, California
Assistant ControllerThis position is with a Private Equity backed, extremely fast growing, multi-site provider/healthcare group. This company is building out the accounting team to support the company’s inorganic growth initiatives. This is a highly acquisitive sponsor ....
$150,000 - $160,000
Director, TreasuryThe position is newly created with a highly acquisitive PE backed healthcare organization. Responsible for the oversight of cash management platform and Treasury operations. Designs and implements best practices in treasury processes to support the gr ....
Vice President, Accounting and Finance
$200,000 - $250,000
Vice President, Accounting and FinanceREPORTS TO: Chief Financial OfficerPURPOSE AND SCOPE OF FUNCTION This position is responsible for the accounting and finance affairs of the overall organization and its affiliates. The VP is a key member of the Company’s financial ....
$150,000 - $200,000
Corporate Controller We are partnering with a mid market PE firm looking to add a Controller to their new portfolio company in the DFW area. The Corporate Controller position is a hands-on role that is responsible for the accounting affairs of the overall organization and ....
$90,000 - $105,000
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Senior AccountantWe are partnering with a Private Equity backed distribution organization looking to add a Senior Accountant to their newly purchased entity. The Senior Accountant will be responsible but not limited to all aspects of accounting duties within our organization ....
Accounts Payable Lead
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable LeadOur Client, a national consulting firm, is currently experiencing explosive growth and looking to add an Accounts Payable Lead to their team. In this role, along with the Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable ....
Accounts Payable Associate
$0 - $0
Accounts Payable AssociateOur client is presently in search of an Accounts Payable Associate to join the firm!As an AP Associate, you will work with the accounting team and be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, a ....