Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions
This position is with a newly acquired, private equity backed, residential and commercial field services platform. The VP of M&A/Corporate Development will be responsible for directing key aspects of the Company’s acquisition efforts, including creating acquisition and development strategies and criteria, creating a replicable internal process around M&A, building relationships with sellers and intermediaries, conducting financial analyses, negotiating transaction documents, and leading due diligence efforts. The Vice President of M&A will be a key strategic partner of the CEO.
Geography – This company is NY based. The ideal candidate will be in the northeast but can be permanent remote.
Support the company’s corporate team with an emphasis on:
- Develop an objective, consistent, disciplined approach to evaluating potential acquisitions and business combinations.
- Analyze addressable markets and work with business unit leaders and functional specialists to develop and/or update.
- Actively identify and source acquisition targets, including building relationships with brokers and building a deal pipeline consistent with the Company’s strategic objectives.
- “Sell” the company story to the marketplace, building rapport and credibility with business owners.
- Create a business case and/or valuation model each potential transaction.
- Identify and quantify synergy opportunities with potential acquisitions; create action plans to drive synergies post close.
- Leads merger and acquisition transactions through the cross-functional due diligence process including gathering and leveraging integration planning inputs in order to support successful integration.
- Responsible for gathering important information regarding risks and opportunities for impending and ongoing M&A activities, translating this information into fact-based and well-reasoned insights on the valuation and structural impact of the merger or acquisition.
- Interact regularly with third-party advisors (legal, financial, tax, consultants)
- Structure and negotiate deals, working with the senior leadership team to gain approval from the Board.
- Participate in post-acquisition integration initiatives
Operate as strategic partner to CEO:
- Identifying upfront positive and negative trends in the business which impact future periods and problem solve with the team.
- Performing economic and industry analyses to identify and recommend response strategies to trends impacting the business.
- Working effectively with financial, sales/operational personnel, PE sponsor, and third parties.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 6-10 years of results-oriented work experience in similar role including corporate development, strategy, investment banking or private equity.
- Experience and ability to model and synthesize complex financial analysis, operational, and KPI data into concise presentations and decision framework, on a regular basis.
- Experience in leading mergers and acquisitions review and execution, analyzing business proposals, leading due diligence process and structuring transactions. Experience in small to mid-cap deals working with founder owned and led businesses highly preferred
- Experience in corporate development, strategy or business development function.
- Strong analytical skills, with extreme attention to detail, accuracy and accountability balanced with sound business judgment.
- Proven experience in financial modeling and valuation and presenting to an investment committee.
- Strong Board presentation skills including the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Other Open Positions
Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
$185,000 - $240,000
New York, New York
Vice President of Mergers and AcquisitionsSUMMARY This position is with a newly acquired, private equity backed, residential and commercial field services platform. The VP of M&A/Corporate Development will be responsible for directing key aspects of the Company’s ....