Vice President of Information Technology
VP of Information Technology
I am working with a rapidly growing specialty healthcare services organization that is backed by a major private equity company. This is a key position responsible for leading the strategic and tactical technological direction for the company, ensuring the delivery of focused systems that will enable the growth of the company while driving down costs through the use of contemporary hardware/virtual strategies and maintaining a stable, high availability environment. This role will require an executive who is capable of forming a strategic vision for a unified and integrated IT department and bringing it into reality in a timely manner.
- Provide focused, business-minded IT leadership, emphasizing IT’s measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, expense, etc.). Direct experience with IT planning and budget management is required.
- Recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff as required to fulfill company needs. Build and lead a talented, flexible, responsive world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is patient-oriented and exceptionally responsive.
- Operationalize IT processes across the company. Determine when new services and resources are required versus implementing packaged solutions. Rationalize the enterprise application suite to improve functionality, eliminate redundancies, and reduce cost.
- Experience with add-on integration. Driving the technology integration for multiple acquisitions.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and set an example as a proactive senior leader and change agent who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals.
- Oversee the deployment of company-wide technology standards spanning both applications and infrastructure. The VP of IT must ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Upgrade the infrastructure supporting critical operational systems and create an active management platform that will provide greater communication and real-time data for hundreds of field professionals ensuring that they have access to real-time operational and transactional data, including VoIP.
- Oversee the company’s network infrastructure and provide security, regulatory compliance and provision for disaster recovery. Maintain security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
- Evaluate, select, and implement new technology needed to support the company, including relevant mobile and imaging technologies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance revenue and/or reduce costs through finding the right balance of internal and external IT team members and resources.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive IT management experience in a fast-paced, high growth services business with hands-on knowledge of the unique demands of a customer software development environment with a patient-centric business is required.
- Multi-site experience
- M&A integration experience
- Vendor Management Experience
- Experience presenting to the Board
- Familiarity with healthcare services and its reimbursement models, particularly those healthcare services niches which deal directly with patients.
- Experience integrating the various IT platforms of acquired companies into a cohesive, unified system would be very valuable given future potential acquisition activity.
- Experience in the building out of IT teams that are able to execute quickly and effectively but with big-picture business objectives in mind that align to the vision of senior company management. Ability to strike the right balance of onshore and offshore resources in these teams to maximize company ROI in this function.
- Prior direct software development management experience preferred. Knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as SSAE 16, ISO 17799, COBIT, COSO and ITIL and relevant certifications a plus.
Other Open Positions
Vice President of Information Technology
$175,000 - $225,000
VP of Information Technology I am working with a rapidly growing specialty healthcare services organization that is backed by a major private equity company. This is a key position responsible for leading the strategic and tactical technological direction for the company, e ....
Director Health Information Management (HIM)
$75,000 - $95,000
Director Health Information Management (HIM)Location: Coastal Maine where you will find picturesque harbors dotted with fishing boats, colorful blueberry barrens, and quintessential New England townsAbout the role of Director Health Information Management (HIM): Responsib ....