Vice President of Strategy and M&A
This position is with a Private Equity backed, extremely fast growing, non-hazardous waste management solutions company. This company is in need of an executive level individual to work with the CEO and support the company’s operating and financial planning and execution capabilities with an emphasis on project management, performance improvement, and furthering the development of systems, processes, metrics and other transformational efforts across the enterprise.
Geography: This person can be located anywhere in the country. It will require some travel but permanent remote is fine.
Operate as a strategic partner to the CEO to develop and execute strategic and operational initiatives, including:
- Management and execution strategic process/operational initiatives as developed in conjunction senior team (e.g., pricing, cost savings, cross-selling initiatives, new service lines, etc.)
- Responsible for managing and execution of strategic process/operational initiatives as developed in conjunction with the senior team. This can include:
- Assessing the potential of a process or profit improvement idea
- Building consensus and gaining leadership approval for implementation
- Designing an approach for implementation including problem solving with cross-functional partners on operational solutions
- Defining the project scope, milestones, budget, resource plan, and success metrics
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination among team members and ensuring the project team stays on track to completion
- Monitoring project health through the effective use of project dashboard
- Keeping stakeholders engaged and informed of progress and potential risks
- Driving escalation and resolution of critical project related issues
- Driving outcomes cross-functionally to build consensus and execute to meet deadlines and targeted results
- Create, prioritize, and execute key strategic initiatives with senior team and board input; quantify and track results, communicating updates to senior team and board as appropriate
- Supports management in idea generation and vetting. Relentlessly searches for opportunities to drive efficiency and productivity across the company
- Maintain and prioritize pipeline of ideas to enable the company to grow into a national, scale company through organic growth and acquisition
- Works with functional leaders to assess and prioritize ideas and ensure clear timing and ownership is established for all projects pursued
Support the Corporate M&A function with an emphasis toward:
- Lead the overall business development activities for the business in conjunction with the CEO and CFO. Create an acquisition strategy plan and roadmap integrated to the long term business strategies and capabilities.
- Develop an objective, consistent, disciplined approach to evaluating potential acquisitions and business combinations.
- Analyze addressable markets and work with business unit leaders and functional specialists to develop and/or update.
- Actively identify and source acquisition targets, including building relationships with brokers and building a deal pipeline consistent with the Company’s strategic objectives.
- “Sell” the company story to the marketplace, building rapport and credibility with business owners.
- Create a business case and/or valuation model each potential transaction.
- Identify and quantify synergy opportunities with potential acquisitions; create action plans to drive synergies post close.
- Leads merger and acquisition transactions through the cross-functional due diligence process including gathering and leveraging integration planning inputs in order to support successful integration.
- Responsible for gathering important information regarding risks and opportunities for impending and ongoing M&A activities, translating this information into fact-based and well-reasoned insights on the valuation and structural impact of the merger or acquisition.
- Interact regularly with third-party advisors (legal, financial, tax, consultants)
- Assist in the structure and negotiation of deals, working with the CEO to gain approval from the Board.
- Lead and coordinate the post-acquisition integration initiatives ensuring a successful “first 90-days” post-close.
- Bachelors degree required. Top MBA preferred.
- Minimum X+ years of results-oriented work experience in similar role including consulting, corporate development, strategy, or private equity.
- Experience and ability to model and synthesize complex financial analysis, operational, and KPI data into concise presentations and decision framework, on a regular basis.
- Experience in leading mergers and acquisitions review and execution, analyzing business
- proposals, leading due diligence process and structuring transactions. Experience in small to
- mid-cap deals working with target companies in the $20-$100 million range highly preferred
- Experience in corporate development, strategy or business development function.
- Strong analytical skills, with extreme attention to detail, accuracy and accountability balanced with sound business judgment.
- Proven experience in financial modeling and valuation and presenting to an investment
- Strong Board presentation skills including the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Other Open Positions
Supply Chain Manager
$75,000 - $105,000
Supply Chain Manager Job Summary This position will manage one of the following areas in the Supply Chain department: Inventory Management, Pallet Coordination, Data Quality, USDA Coordination, Demand Planning, Product Transitions, Scheduling, or Capacity Management. RES ....
$0 - $0
VICE PRESIDENT, PORTFOLIO OFFICE OF THE CIO As a key member of the portfolio support team within the Private Equity firm, the Vice President, Office of the CIO, is responsible for partnering with 50+ portfolio companies and their management teams, 50+ deal team members, 15 ....
$100,000 - $140,000
Operations Manager Primary function: Manage and oversee Company daily operations. Responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, employee productivity, product and service quality control, with special attention to safety measures as established for th ....
$140,000 - $160,000
Plant Manager Seeking an experienced Plant/Operation Manager for our growing manufacturing facility located in Suwanee, GA. This position will report to the General Manager, GRD and Sustainable Systems, and be a model of leadership, demonstrate managerial brilliance, a ....
Commodity Sourcing Lead
$80,000 - $102,000
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Commodity Sourcing LeadThe Commodity Sourcing Lead is responsible for strategic global sourcing, managing supplier relationships, supply chain security, supplier measurement, supplier contracts, and supplier pricing for the supply base within the commodities assigned. Commod ....
$120,000 - $150,000
Los Angeles, California
Executive AssistantSUMMARY This position is with a private equity backed field service provider. The Executive Assistant will support the CEO and partner with the executive team to assist in daily operations using strong leadership and problem-solving skills. This role will ....
Supply Chain Manager- Customer Service
$75,000 - $105,000
Supply Chain Manager- Customer Service Responsibilities Customer Service Department Management Lead the company in achieving world class order fill, case fill and on time delivery results Return material authorizations Balance & Support of Forward Warehouses ....
Vice President of Field Service Operations
$170,000 - $210,000
Vice President of Service OperationsLocation: Northeast territory Overview: The Vice President of Service Operations will be responsible for overseeing the field service operations across 30 locations and their territories throughout the northeast for th ....
Vice President of Strategy and M&A
$190,000 - $250,000
Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and M&AThis position is with a Private Equity backed, extremely fast growing, non-hazardous waste management solutions company. This company is in need of an executive level individual to work with the CEO and support the company ....