472 N. McLean Blvd., 2nd Floor Elgin, IL 60123-3274
Engineering Manager - Electrical Essential Duties:
· Responsible for supervision, hiring, project schedules, and directs workloads/jobs for the department. Direct a team of Field Engineers, Electrical Designer, and Electrical Technicians to meet both customer and company expectations.
· Responsible for cross-functional engineering covering Sales, Project Management, Project Execution, Commissioning, and Startup of excitation systems upgrades.
· Responsible for the development of engineering training plan and mentoring junior engineers.
· Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
· Maintain and develop engineering standards.
· Facilitate mobilization, demolition, and installation activities including equipment and tool shipping, scheduling, and supervision of craft labor on site.
· Assist with maintenance and testing of generator excitation systems, protective relays, and other auxiliary equipment.
· Evaluate reports on component and equipment failures, and recommend solutions.
· Represent E2 Power System and company while at customer facility.
· Assist the Sales team in the determination of cost responsibility.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Engineering Degree or 10+ years of experience related to engineering, field service, engineering management, or direct excitation experience.
· 5+ years of Engineering Leadership Experience.
· Experience with Power Systems Stability modeling on generators is preferred.
· Industrial or power generation experience required.
· Understanding and ability to implement electrical drawings, connection drawings, interconnection drawings, and schematics.
· Familiar with various types of steam, gas, diesel, and hydro generator controls.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Travel up to 50% with little advance notice as required for training, support of project tasks,
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER: I would HIGHLY recommend Scott Heimberg. He called me out of the blue, explained the opportunity in detail, gave me guidance for success prior to each phone interview. He set me up for success, unlike previous recruiters. His level of effort and engagement was truly OUTSTANDING! Gilbert Moore