472 N. McLean Blvd., 2nd Floor Elgin, IL 60123-3274
Senior EMC Engineer Essential Duties:
· Assist in establishing EMC design criteria to meet customer requirements.
· Design EMC portion of products per design specification, sales design data, or individual customer specification.
· Research and stay current with the latest EMC regulatory standards.
· Recommend, maintain, and utilize EMC-based software to aid in design of the EMC portion of products.
· Coordinate activities of printed circuit board designers related to EMC portion of the design.
· Direct the work of other engineers and technicians assigned to a particular job or project.
· Evaluate design concepts through theoretical analysis, breadboard, and prototype phases, having design reviews as necessary.
· Recommend and operate EMC lab equipment required for inhouse compliance testing.
· Record design and test data.
· After design has been confirmed, release to the Mechanical Engineering group with approved schematics and stress information.
· Use standard parts when possible and supply stress information for all EMC related components in design.
· Write theory of operation.
· Verify correctness of final schematics, printed circuit boards, and bill of material.
· Assist the Technical Writer to write the manual and product bulletin on products designed.
· Estimate material and engineering effort required on jobs being quoted.
· Maintain current engineering estimate sheets and work schedules.
· Generate quotes in response to Sales and Marketing inputs.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree or equivalent.
· Six years of electrical design experience in the EMC field.
· Embedded hardware design experience.
· Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER: I would HIGHLY recommend Scott Heimberg. He called me out of the blue, explained the opportunity in detail, gave me guidance for success prior to each phone interview. He set me up for success, unlike previous recruiters. His level of effort and engagement was truly OUTSTANDING! Gilbert Moore