472 N. McLean Blvd., 2nd Floor Elgin, IL 60123-3274
The QA Analyst is part of the QA team and is responsible for the evaluation of processes, products and services to ensure that they meet the company’s standards.
The QA Analyst will maintain program documentation of critical Food Safety Programs assigned by the QM and the QA Technicians quality assessment monitoring program.
They will be SQF and HACCP backup to the Quality Manager. The Quality Manager is the backup for the Quality Analyst, and will cover absences or vacations.
· Designated back-up for SQF practitioner
· Designated back-up for HACCP
· Work closely with supervisors to ensure SQF compliance
· Write and edit standard operating procedures, work instructions and forms
· Maintain registers for complaints, sanitation, glass and brittle plastics, environmental swabbing and
other monitoring programs.
· Have and understanding of HACCP and food safety such that you are capable of monitoring and
oversight of internal food safety programs.
· Capable of understanding color theory, and basic manufacturing processes analysis for the purpose
of product sampling and root cause analysis.
· Maintain the flow of the QC department in the absence of the Quality Manager.
· Manage calibration certificates of accuracy and verifications
· Help with quality metrics for monthly meeting
· Assist with quality trends
· Assist with customer complaints
· Assist with Corrective and Preventative Actions
· Assist with document control of SQF and ISO 14001 processes.
· Assist with samples and retains.
· Be able to help establish quality standards that measure up to industry benchmarks.
· Ability to provide recommendations on how products and services can be improved.
· Works with QA Manager and others to help improve quality processes.
· Responsible for reporting issues related to Food Packaging safety or quality.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field preferred
· HACCP Certified preferred