472 N. McLean Blvd., 2nd Floor Elgin, IL 60123-3274
International Sales Manager
Summary: This position provides superior customer service to our growing global customer base. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, order entry, continuous follow - up of all product orders from entry to delivery and after sales follow-up. Must be familiar with the required International shipping documents, and tracking of orders. Ability to effectively communicate and handle international dealers and all customers. Will develop relationships and maintain continuous interaction with customers to handle any customer service situations.
• Works both independently and within a team for sales order processing, customer support and follow-up.
• Builds and maintains the highest level of global customer relationships through professional and courteous activities that resolve customer issues.
• Manages the order entry process from obtaining the purchase order to processing of sales orders in SalesLogix. Familiar with Macola software for inventory and product information.
• All orders are followed-up and the customer is sent updates and/or tracking information as often as possible, as well as requests for documentation such as invoices, shipping documents, and certificates. Receives, records, and routes customer orders/changes in appropriate manner.
• Reviews orders to identify and prevent potential issues that could negatively impact the customer or business, and brings to management’s attention.
• Assist with requests on pricing, shipping, product availability, terms and conditions, stock issues & order expedites. Collaborate with Sales, operations and other departments (Finance, Shipping, etc.) to find the best way to resolve issues. Knowledge of handling proforma invoicing (generated for prepayment) and freight quotes.
• Processes End User Statements and Department of Commerce checks and requirements – for International order’s and repair orders - using government websites.
• Processes source orders, end user statements and import licenses; checks for compliance before sending to source manufacturer.
• Knowledge of consultation process to include: Authorization Letters, FDA Certificates, EC Certificates, and ISO Certificates.
• Reviews and responds to daily emails, handles correspondence with customers, and daily/monthly Booking Reports.
• Coordinates all international trade show logistics.
• Maintains the filing system and records for department. Annually prepares documents for retention and storage, ensuring proper dispose of date labeled.
· Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) and or 5-7 years equivalent sales experience required.
· Knowledge of international tradeshows and distributor management.
· Proficient with Microsoft office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands and responds to a diverse global customer base.
· Creative problem solver. Passionate about finding a better way.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Capable of prioritizing and efficiently handling a heavy workload to complete projects on time.
· Solid team player, and adept at working independently.
· A self-starter with a positive, take charge attitude.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Strong Mathematical abilities.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, verbal or illustrative diagram instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have knowledge of Contact Management systems; MS Office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Internet Savvy.