Our client is one of the leading providers of medical instrument and IT mounting solutions for the healthcare industry. They have a unique understanding of the interaction between medical devices, users, and healthcare environments. In addition to their expertly engineered and customized products for original equipment manufacturers (OEM), our client provides an array of internationally recognized off-the-shelf products, customer service, and technical support to provide their customers with exceptional service. Since 1971, they have been dedicated to building the highest-quality, reliable, and durable solutions for healthcare providers and OEMs.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will be responsible for sourcing multiple product categories. They will possess the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, manage RFx processes, creatively negotiate, and generate contracts to assure seamless availability of products and services to support the company objectives. We’re looking for a hands-on, team player that is able to collaborate and build consensus in an entrepreneurial fast paced, and explosive growth environment.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Plays a key role in the global sourcing program by deploying strategies to achieve the highest level of supplier performance while continuously reducing total cost. Responsible for implementing a consistent and disciplined process for sourcing and ongoing category management of the Company's global spend for raw materials, die casting, injection molding, goods & services, etc.
• Establishes and oversees the execution of category management strategies through the Preferred Supplier Agreements, VMI programs, RFx process, category strategy development, and compliance to supplier partner agreements. Leads associated change management including training with stakeholder partners to ensure successful implementation in support of the Company's culture and values
• Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and participates in Make Vs Buy decision making
• Executes the Company's Preferred Supplier agreement framework for new business awards and grows supply base. Links NPI process with early supplier involvement, supplier selection and total cost of ownership
• Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management, through value engineering and supply chain optimization
• Analyzes opportunities and risks with the commodities market in order to assess present and future material cost and availability
• Responsible for managing vendor negotiations and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
• Lead all NPI sourcing activities • Define, drive and monitor performance ensuring continuous improvement on KPI’s associated with Procurement metrics • Assist and Support other employees as necessary • Know and apply the Company Quality System and any other Federal and International standards
Additional Required Skills/Abilities: • Degree in Business Supply Chain/Manufacturing/ Engineering or related field
• Expertise in sourcing and managing steel fabrication in the machine shop environments, die casting, injection molding, etc. • Ability to work cross-culturally and across time zones • Ability to travel • Experience with negotiations that produce extended value for all parties • A collaborative and strategic leadership mindset — you consistently look to improve and problem-solve • Knowledge of ERP system implementation
Compensation: • A competitive compensation package, including base salary, incentive, and benefits will be provided.