Director of Information Technology
Director of Information Technology
I am working with a growing manufacturing organization that has multiple locations in Canada and the US and is growing via acquisitions. The company has recently achieved significant growth via organic initiatives and key acquisitions.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Provides assessment of current IT structure and recommendations on identifying core and non-core activities for the IT function.
- Builds and leads a talented, flexible, responsive world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is customer oriented and is exceptionally responsive.
- Analyzes the IT-related impact of potential business combinations and integrates them with the rest of the company.
- Maximizes deployment of resources both internal and external to the organization by focusing the internal effort on core IT activities while leveraging external resources for non-core project support globally.
- Consults with the business staff and formulates IT strategies around the company’s strategy.
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems including applications, software and hardware Oversees provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Manages financial aspects of the IT Department including developing business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Determines where new development is required versus implementing packaged solutions. Rationalizes available applications to improve functionality, eliminate redundancies, and reduce cost.
- Oversees the deployment of company-wide technology standards spanning both applications and infrastructure.
- Maintains and continually upgrades the infrastructure supporting critical operational systems.
- Provides security, regulatory compliance and provision for disaster recovery. Maintains security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
- Evaluates, selects, and implements new technology to support the company where economically justified.
- Assists with special business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses.
- Creates ad-hoc reports and analyses as required.
- Other tasks and projects as required.
Desired Qualifications, Characteristics, and Skills:
- 15+ plus years of multi-company / multi-country manufacturing industry experience, including integration of acquisitions
- Strong knowledge of IT requirements for a service based business would be considered an asset
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment including experience in selection and implementation
- Experience in mid-size organizations with sales in excess of $100 million highly desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated background in business systems applications, including business intelligence, data warehousing, and general application development
- Experience in overseeing and evaluating a managed service provider relationship
- Direct experience with IT planning and budget management
- Ability to travel as needed to international locations
- Data driven / common sense decision maker.
- Passion for entrepreneurial environments where positions have multiple responsibilities.
- Must be able to make decisions and solve problems that are general in nature and for which there may not be precedents.
- Ability to work with and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the company’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage with flexibility through ambiguity and complexity