472 N. McLean Blvd., 2nd Floor Elgin, IL 60123-3274
The Supervisor of Quality Control is a key factory staff member responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the Quality Control Departments. Leading the inspection and monitoring of programs and processes that support the Quality department within Manufacturing. The Supervisor of Quality Control will work in concert with cross-functional teams and other departments to provide support in achieving quality goals defined and established by upper management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensure part quality as specified by Product Engineering
· Meet or exceed quality control standards throughout the inspection process to guarantee the flow of parts expectation
· Ability to perform inspections using artifacts and electronic gauging
· Demonstrate proficiency with surface plate layout techniques and a variety of inspection equipment
· Serve as an effective communicator of daily production requirements to the leads from upper management, emphasizing safety, quality, and productivity
· Interpret GD&T technical prints
· Develop, sustain and improve quality control methods and procedures
· Experience determining offsets and ability to adjust accordingly
· Accurately and efficiently train and audit employees quality progress, mentor employees
· Perform multiple kinds of set-up, first piece, in-process and final inspections
· Ensure that employees have all necessary tools, standards, and PPE to perform jobs safely, accurately, and efficiently
· Accurately inspect products using visual, functional, and safety inspections
· Develop standard work, setup sheets, and standard operations for production jobs
· Provide performance feedback to all members assigned to the quality department in a timely manner
· Immediately report to the manager all matters that affect quality or productivity that cannot be resolved by the lead
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word and excel)
· Accurately make independent decisions on product disposition
· Trouble shoot various problems and develop corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
· Adhere and monitor SOP
· Understand/ learn the nature and functionality of the products being inspected
· Effectively communicate and notify supervisor when there functional or cosmetic discrepancies
· Must be able to accurately input all required data into the manufacturing database
· Complete other duties as assigned by manager
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities to oversee the quality department.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of quality, features, safety, etc.
· Demonstrable track record over a minimum of 5 years of successfully working in a high-volume manufacturing environment
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Cross functional team builder/player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm
· Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast work environment that has the potential to change due to regulatory and business needs
· Need to be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task
· Experience working independently with little supervision
· Ability to use and program CMM machines
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting
· Vocational/Technical Degree
· Computer/Software proficiency
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quality performance reports and create solutions. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
This position requires various reasoning abilities in order to be successful such as:
· Ability to collect and document data
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions
· Ability to perform complex and varied tasks
· Ability to perform simple, repetitive tasks for an extended period of time
Required knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word using MS Windows platform. MS PowerPoint and Outlook. CMM programming experience is a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities
Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.