Director – Financial Planning and Analysis
Director – Financial Planning and Analysis
Our Client, a national tax consulting firm based in Houston, is currently experiencing explosive growth and are looking to add a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to their team.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for providing direction to a team of finance professionals and upper management throughout the organizations on the overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the Company’s financial performance. This involves developing and managing financial analysis procedures, as well as identifying and prioritizing recommended actions. In addition, the role conducts financial analysis, modeling, forecasting, and reporting efforts to ensure efficient financial operations. The Director of FP&A will prepare and maintain metric-driven financial models used to forecast and evaluate Company profitability and perform additional analysis, as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance
· 10 – 15 years of progressive experience in finance, with the last 5 – 7 being at a high level
· Prior experience managing the FP&A function
· Prior Professional Services experience desired
· Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong financial modeling skills
· Must be detail-oriented and able to balance multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines
· Must have PE experience
· Proactive, High Energy and Passion are key qualities
· Solid computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel and working with large ERP/Financial System
· Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction to accomplish objectives
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and outside parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
· Experience with multi-currencies and ledgers
· Proven track record of developing staff
Duties and Responsibilities
· Interact proactively and collaboratively with executive leadership teams on a regular basis
· Continuously develop tools/systems and automate processes; manage the implementation of a budgeting and forecasting solution to streamline the forecasting and budgeting processes and provide enhanced reporting functionality
· Build clear, accurate and reliable predictive forecast modeling for multiple functional areas
· Build strong financial models for the business, utilizing understanding of financial reporting and cash flow information
· Review historical data, predict future results, analyze and explain budget variances
· Review analysis results, develop insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, cost reduction and lead strategic business decisions
· Identify key data sources and utilize data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions
· Perform quantitative analysis required for strategic planning, special projects, and reports for management and communicate results to management team
· Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
· Prepare other reports and participate in other special projects as requested
· Responsible for timely and accurately publishing of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for presentation to Managing Partners and BOD
· Leadership: You are a leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You pride yourself on developing future leaders; you have direct experience managing others and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
· Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
· Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
· Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
· Passionate: You must be passionate about collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
Other Open Positions
$115,000 - $150,000
Fort Worth, Texas
Treasury ManagerWe are partnering with a mid-market PE backed distribution organization adding a Treasury Manager to their team in the DFW area. Candidates will have the opportunity to work mainly remote going into the office 5-6 times a month.The Treasury Manager, will be r ....
$130,000 - $150,000
ControllerWe are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed organization looking to add a Controller to their team.The Controller is responsible for the oversight of the day‐to‐day accounting operations, the monthly close process, financial statement preparatio ....
Senior Cost Accountant
$80,000 - $100,000
Saint Charles, Illinois
Senior Cost Accountant Provide support to the business operations team on cost drivers of the business as well as be a vital team member of the cost accounting team. Responsibilities include: Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activit ....
Senior Financial Analyst
$95,000 - $110,000
Senior Financial Analyst, RemoteThis role focuses on strategic analysis, fact-based decision-making, forecasting, and budgeting. In this role you will influence the growth and profitability of the business. The ideal candidate is curious, collaborative, analytical, and detai ....
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
$150,000 - $190,000
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, RemoteDirects the company’s overall creation and execution of functions relating to all aspects of financial planning and analysis. In concert with the CFO and finance team, leads the company’s financial planning functio ....
$70,000 - $85,000
Senior AccountantWe are working with a spirits company looking to add a Senior Accountant to their growing accounting and finance team. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment.We are seeking a Senior Accountant that is excited to assist all finan ....
Vice President, Revenue Growth and Optimization
$220,000 - $260,000
Vice President, Revenue Growth and OptimizationWe are working with a mid-market PE backed organization seeking a VP Revenue Growth and Optimization. Reporting directly to the CFO.Overall Description of Role: Seeking a seasoned and analytical business leader who can establish ....
Sr. Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
$190,000 - $210,000
Senior Director, Financial Planning and AnalysisThis position is a key role in tracking performance across the business and ensuring the organization hits its long term and short- term Financial Targets. Role will support the Sr VP of FP&A and will support various analyt ....
$100,000 - $140,000
Plant ControllerWe are partnering with a newly purchased, PE backed manufacturing and distribution organization looking to add a Plant Controller to their team. Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for establishing processes for their two divisio ....
$0 - $0
West Allis, Wisconsin
Senior AccountantOur Client is an industry leader in manufacturing heavy-duty, innovative, custom-designed equipment and industrial machinery, and they are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. *Potential to earn a ZERO DOLLAR MONTHLY PREMIUM Medical Insurance ....